Carpeted areas give a sense of comfort. But, once you wonder if they’re clean, pathogen-free, and when was the last time you disinfected them, that feeling of wellness and comfort dissipates completely. Carpet floors, as other floor surfaces, are the ideal host to bacteria, viruses, and other germs. Vacuuming alone won’t be enough to sanitize your carpets properly.
Clever Ways To Disinfect Your Carpets
After wondering when was the last time you had your carpets disinfected, you might get frustrated, and not knowing what to do next could happen to anyone. Feel yourself at ease and read the following recommendations on how to disinfect your carpets and rugs adequately.
All you need to have is a steam cleaner, white vinegar, and a vacuum cleaner. White vinegar is very actionable when it comes to killing viruses and bacteria due to its acid components.
- Mix water and vinegar in equal parts in a spray bottle, misting the carpets.
- Let it dry completely and then run the steam cleaner over them.
- Once your carpets are completely dry, you may proceed to vacuum, restoring the look of the fibers.
Borax, baking soda, and cornmeal
You need those ingredients plus a steam cleaner, white vinegar, and vacuum cleaner.
- Mix ½ cup of baking soda, one of borax, and one of cornmeal.
- Spread the mixture over your carpets, and rub it with the help of a cloth.
- Let it sit overnight, and vacuum the powder off in the morning.
- Repeat the previous method mentioned above, with the vinegar and steam cleaner
- Finally, vacuum again.
Get the help of professionals
Professional cleaners are potentially your safest option. Therefore, they have everything needed to get in charge of a proper cleaning process. They have all the knowledge, experience, and state-of-the-art equipment to hand over the best cleaning and disinfecting results since they’re dedicated to that specific service.
Live A Supreme Clean Experience
At Supreme Clean Floors, we offer multi-surface cleaning services in central Arkansas. Among our cleaning experience is treating with the proper restoration and disinfection of carpeted areas. Our state-of-the-art equipment and expert team members are the perfect complements to the outcome.